SAMPLE MUSIC

September 06, 2011

How to set up your budget home recording studio (part 1)

My song just doesn't sound right!

Pssst...silence in the studio...
As a musician (playing solo or in the band), you've already had recorded some of your original tunes in a recording studio. The likelihood is - you haven't been quite happy with the results, some, or even most of the times!

The reason being is that you were either limited with the budget and so with the time you've had during the studio recording session, or even if you've had enough time, your newly recorded track just didn't sound good enough at your home stereo, or your car's CD player, as it did at those studio monitor speakers!


I have to set up my own studio!

That lead guitar should be a little louder - you think, or you can't even hear your vocals clearly cause the bass guitar is eating into it. You are also playing with different Equalizer settings, but after changing them it sounds even worse! Perhaps the overall ambient of the song is completely different to the one you were imagining and trying to achieve - you wonder, what's wrong now!?!

Well - the mix is wrong!!!

And time after time the similar things are happening and as you are gaining some experience in the studio, you start thinking to your self - I could do this better my self, only if I had my own studio!

That's it...I have to set up a studio and stop wasting my money and time!!!

But, how do I do it? Where? What equipment to get? How much money will I need? All these are questions you are going to ask your self at first, but luckily, there is always the way and you can start with a relatively low budget.

There are many ways how to set up your budget home recording studio and we are going to talk about it in more details on the next page.


1 comment:

  1. This tutorial is indeed useful On Recording Studio. I have just downloaded it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete